Eat Well, Do Well Challenge!
Silver Diner is awarding $20,000 in grants to local schools!
Apply by December 31st, 2013 for the Eat Well, Do Well Challenge Grant!
The Eat Well, Do Well School Challenge, presented by Silver Diner and Metro Diner Café, is a competition designed to promote physical activity and health education in elementary and middle schools. Local schools can submit a proposal for a program that promotes physical activity or health-related curriculum.
Your School Can Participate!
- Submit an application to tell us how your school would use $10,000 or $5,000 to improve or create a nutrition and/or fitness program
- Interact with Silver Diner on Facebook & Twitter to raise awareness for the challenge!
2013 Grand Prize Winner: Pine Spring Elementary
- There will be up to
three (3) winning entries
- Grand Prize winner will be awarded $10,000 for their program
- Runners up winners will be awarded $5,000 each for their program
- Schools who would like to apply must be enrolled in Silver Diner's Eat Well, Do Well program. To learn about the program and to enroll for free, click here.
- Submit written application, endorsement letter from your principal, and video by December 31st, 2013
How the Winners Will Be Chosen:
- How well does your program promote nutrition & fitness?
- How well does your program involve student participation?
- How is your program replicable and scalable?
- How does your program encourage students to live a healthier lifestyle?
- How creative is your program's use of resources and funds?